Monday, April 11, 2016

Spring Break in pictures

We started our Spring Break with a half day off.  We took advantage of the semi nice weather and went for a hike in Ottawa Dunes.  The kids found a ton of fun climbing trees and had a blast climbing them.  I never knew what little monkeys I had. 










We purchased a new rug to give our living room a bit of a lift.


On Saturday our first official day of Spring Break we woke up to inches of snow.  The snowpants had to come back out of storage. UGH.




The kids had fun playing in it, but it just seemed so wrong.


On Tuesday when we got a bit of a weather reprieve we went hiking and geocaching in Grand Haven.





Duncan Woods had more fun trees to climb.


After a nice hike we treated the kids to ice cream at the Pump House.


Wednesday the weather was back to horrible so we made Hailey's dream come true and went bowling.






Thursday Hailey had some quiet creative time playing with Play Doh.  It is amazing the peace and quiet that 2.99 will buy you.


I did some decorating with style.  I brought up this lamp my Grampa made from the basement.  I am still trying to figure out the shade.  I think I might paint it black.


I finished framing some maps that have been on my to do list for years.  I love how it turned out.


Trent got a present from the store too.

 On Saturday we saw the sun again and we took advantage of it by going for a family fun mile run.  Evan had to time out a mile run for a scout badge and Hailey and I just need practice for GOTR.  I think Trent took the photo while I was talking.


Since the weather was horrible much of the week, we spent a lot of time inside watching movies and playing games.  The kids took up a new love of darts and Mario Kart.


It was a quiet, relaxing break.  Just a bit warmer would have been nice.

No comments: