Thursday, May 6, 2010

Don't call A & E yet...

Blogs tend to skip over a lot of the day to day messiness of life.

I am just as guilty as the next blogger - it is much more satisfying to put on pictures of kids looking cute by a tulip tree than the reality of kids laying in front of the TV watching a maybe not quite appropriate show and spilling their snack of cheesy puffs all over the floor and wiping their orange stained hands on the couch.

It just makes you look more successful as a mom to document the good stuff. And don't get me wrong - there is a lot of good stuff. Most of it is good stuff - even if it leaves an orange residue.

So here is the not so good stuff. I am not proud - just trying to get it out there. Just trying to own up to it. This is our den. Our office. Our creative space. I guess I don't need to wonder why I feel such a lack of creativity lately. The space is cluttered. Stagnant. Simply a place where feng shui goes to die.

This table is my scrap booking/crafting space. Can you tell that I have done a lot of scrap booking lately? It is covered with photos, kid's schoolwork and other various memorabilia that I have no idea what to do with. I need to get it cleaned up because I need to use the table for our garage sale in two weeks. Oh....the irony is classic!

Camera bags and equipment, old scrap booking magazines that have not enticed anyone on Craig's list to give them a new home. What to do with it all.....?
I hope to use these photos for an extremely dramatic "office makeover" reveal. Stay tuned and keep your fingers crossed that I don't get too many paper cuts while purging.

2 comments:

jensenbo said...

All I can say is "Yikes"!!

dr said...

Good luck. Can't wait to see the makeover!