Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Another year of school begins...

Here we go again.  As the kids get older it seems like our summers get shorter and shorter.  I am not feeling ready to give up our lazy, carefree days.  This is a big year for us - we have two kids starting at new schools.  It is also hard to believe that we are finished with elementary school - except for me that is.  So far my plan is to resume my old job, though it will be strange to be there when none of my kids are. 




Spencer is a junior this year.  I can't even start to think about that now or I might have some kind of a breakdown.  I think he is ready to go back to school.  That is where he does the bulk of his socializing.  He has never been one to hang out with friends much outside of his school activities. 


Evan starts his freshman year.  So crazy.  He is glad to be done with middle school but still unsure about the high school.   


This little lady is having the most transitional trouble.  She shed some nervous tears this morning worried about how to find her way around, what if she has locker trouble?  She was very uneasy about starting at an unfamiliar school.  I assured her that most of the kids in 6th grade were feeling the exact same way and if she has trouble she needs to ask for help and not be shy.  As she shuffled down the street to her bus stop trying to be brave and not cry anymore I actually thought that I might start.  I am sure that she will thrive.  She just has to get used to it.

Here we go into another year of learning.  I pray for amazing years for us all!


No comments: