Tuesday, July 19, 2016

School's out for summer.

So it has actually been out for over a month but who's counting? I knew I would be disappointed if I tried to look back at the end of this year and didn't have my comparisons so here they are for my own peace of mind. 


I think it is pretty funny that my kids look happier on the first day of school then they do on the last.  I think we were just so tired and ready to be finally done that they were just over it - all of it.  Spencer and Evan look a lot older to me - especially my long haired hippie boy.  It makes my heart happy that Hailey didn't change too much over her third grade year.  Evan had braces put on and Spencer's long hair are the most noticeable changes in their appearances.

All three kids had amazing academic success at school this year.  Trent and I were thrilled to be invited to attend the middle school award assemblies for both Spencer and Evan.








They both got the same three awards.  Academic achievement which means they kept a 3.5 average or above all year.  Perfect attendance - which means they missed less than three hours of school the whole year.  Finally they both got the Sailor Pride award which encompasses - academics, behavior and attendance.  We were so proud of both of them.  

Hailey got Perfect Attendance for the year as well which as I looked back kind of blew my mind.  Not one of them was home sick this year.  Knock on wood to keep that streak going!


I can't believe that Spencer is off to the high school next year.  I hope he continues to be successful. His cumulative middle school GPA is a 3.7 and he participated in many extracurricular activities- track, cross country, the musical and even did a civic theatre production in his 7th grade year.  He is a smart kid and I am excited to see his next chapter.


Evan finished his 6th grade year with a cumulative GPA of 3.94.  He got all A's and a couple A minuses this year.  This kid and his brain never cease to amaze me. We got a letter early this summer saying he was accepted into Pre-Algebra which is a level up from what most of the 7th graders will take in Math.  He was involved in a lot of extracurriculars as well - the musical, Destination Imagination, cooking club, tennis club - and he goes into everything he does with such a take on the world gusto.  I just can't get enough of that kid.

Not to leave out Miss Hailey - as I said she didn't miss a day of school either.  She made such great strides in her learning this year.  She just needs a boost to her confidence - she can do anything - she just doesn't know she can.  We have actually been doing a lot of the summer learning curriculum this year - we need to keep those skills sharp!  We will see how long that lasts.


No comments: