Sunday, May 18, 2014

Tulip tree

Our neighbor has this tree in his yard.  I think it is a Tulip tree but one of my friends told me recently that it is a Magnolia tree.  I am awful at identifying trees and flowers so I don't know what it is.  What I do know is that is blooms once a year, usually in April, but since we have had such a cold spring I think it was delayed a bit.  It looked so pretty the other night I took Hailey outside with me to take a few pictures of the pretty tree and my pretty girl.




She was all about making up poses and trying to climb up in the tree.  It is not a super strong looking tree so I tried to discourage the climbing and mauling of it as much as I could.




Then she asked if she could take a picture of me.  My hope is that one of my kids acquires a love of photography.  I had a camera of my own by the time I was the boys' age.   They don't seem interested at all yet.  Maybe all the time they have had to spend in front of the camera has soured them to the point of never wanting to be behind one. 


So even though I looked like begungga, I handed over the camera to my girl to snap away.  After taking one accidental photo of the ground she did a pretty good job.

No comments: