Friday, November 23, 2012

On my plate

Right now I am smelling the fragrant pine scent of our just decorated Christmas tree.   I love it.  It looks so pretty with it's little colorful lights and holds on it's branches some of our most cherished memories.

I have pictures to post of the kids picking it out and also of them in their decorating frenzy that I would love to post, but Google has informed me that I have used up one hundred percent of my free space for photos.  I either have to start deleting or start paying.  I don't really want to delete anything, so I will probably have to start to pay them.  Ugh.  I guess in five years of blogging one tends to take up a lot of space in the old webisphere.

So the tree is decorated, but the rest of the house sits waiting.  I love it when it is finished, but it is a daunting task.  I am also feeling a little stressed about Christmas shopping.  My kids need nothing and I have no idea what to get for them.  I feel like I have so much left to do in the shopping department.  Anything I get done before Thanksgiving makes me feel like I am getting ahead of the game.  Now since Thanksgiving has past, I feel like I am racing against the clock.  I hate that. 

There never seem to be enough hours in the day, or days in the year.  How is it the end of November already???  I have done what I can for today, so for now I will go sit with my family in front of our tree with the fire in the fireplace and play a board game.  Decorating, shopping and payments to Google can wait,  being with the ones I love most and enjoying the season - that is what is truly important. 

No comments: