Friday, November 9, 2012

Jolly Dr.Constantinople

Hailey was not feeling well yesterday so I kept her home from school.  I figure two months without a sick day and three kids is not a bad ratio.   Her first ailment was that her throat hurt.  Then that felt better and her stomach hurt.  Then she threw up all the way to the bathroom.  Then she felt better and was ready for a morning marathon of Jessie and Good Luck Charlie.
 
After she managed to gobble down a bowl of chicken noodle soup and some hot dog toast without it coming back up, I told her it was time to read some books in bed and then take a nap.  I knew what one of the books she picked would be - it is a new favorite and has been for months now.
 
Talk about an antique.   Just check out that nurses uniform.  Do any nurses wear uniforms like that anymore?  I also like the fact that in this photo you can tell the book has been used as a coaster.  This book was mine when I was a little girl.  That puts it just shy of ancient.
 

The second page of the book talks about Mary Ann having to get her finger pricked and some blood taken.  Without fail every time I read this book - and believe me I think I could recite it with my eyes closed - when I get to that part Hailey plugs her ears.  It is the cutest thing I have ever seen. 


I am not sure what was wrong with Hailey.  She went back to school today feeling fit as a fiddle.  It may have been a little reaction from the flu vaccine she got the evening before.  Whatever it was, I am glad it was short lived and didn't require going to the hospital for a finger poke from jolly Dr. Constantinople.  Is it just me or does reading his name just want to make you start singing that They Might be Giants song?

No comments: