Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Monday moments...at least I tried!


I really tried!  On Monday I had the phone hooked up to the computer and everything but the computer did not want to recognize the phone and I didn't have time to mess with it and figure out why until now.  I still don't know why.  Either the phone or the computer is finicky and only wants to load with a certain cord in a certain USB port.  I swear I have this problem every week.  

It seemed like a busy week but nothing much to take photos of I guess.  Nothing until the weekend. 
Friday was a half day of school for Ev and Hai so we took advantage of a nice fall day and took a walk.  I also used it as an excuse to get some updated pictures of Hailey.  I thought Evan might need a haircut before so I didn't do his at the same time but looking at these photos, his hair doesn't seem too long. 

They were posting the cast list for Elf Jr. on Friday at 2:00 and it just so happens that last year when they posted the cast list we were on a walk and took a break to look at it.  We went to our "lucky" spot and sure enough...Evan was thrilled to be cast in the role as Fake Santa.  He smells like beef and cheese and sits on a throne of lies.



My two little cuties enjoying a gorgeous fall afternoon.



The nice weather held into Saturday so that afternoon we went for another walk.  Hailey and Ev decided to scale the retaining wall on the way.


We walked on a woods path and Hailey was running up ahead of us.  When we came around the corner she was standing still holding a finger over her mouth to shush us.   I guess when she ran around the corner she rustled up an owl who flew right in front of her.  We could see it in the branches - I tried to take a picture (it looked just like Hedwig from Harry Potter) but I couldn't get in very close.  That is the second owl encounter we have had this fall.


Coming out of the path to the rock.


Saturday afternoon was also Hailey's last football game.  She and her teammates cheered the Stingrays on to the championship!


She even had some adoring fans in the stands cheering for her!





It was a great fall weekend.  The end of this week should be full of lots of Halloween festivities around here!

No comments: