Friday, November 6, 2015

Halloween

I have been meaning to get these Halloween pictures posted here all week, but as usual things come up and the week gets a lot busier than you intended it to be.  Throw in the fact that the time change has me exhausted by the time I get home from school and there's the reason I am so behind.  

So here is our Halloween 2015 in a few photos. 

Hailey was extremely excited for Halloween this year.  It seemed like everyday she came home with a new picture in her back pack. 






She dressed up as a 50's girl in a costume that we found at Goodwill for 5.99.  Throw in some cat eye glasses and I can't even stand how cute she is.

She kept getting confused as to which decade she was from but ironically the movie Grease came on Sunday afternoon and she fell in love with it.  We recorded as much as we could (sadly it starts right after Summer Nights) and she has watched it everyday since.




The only picture I have of the three of them together.  This was right after school on Friday when Hailey was still dressed up and Evan and Spencer were getting ready for their middle school dance. As you can tell, Spencer wasn't very ready since his pajama pants are peeking out he had to be coerced a bit to attend the dance.  Teenage angst is super fun. 


Evan was a Ranger from his latest book series obsession "The Rangers Apprentice".  We ended up buying a Robin Hood costume which consisted of that cheap looking green shirt and the glove things - for the bargain price of thirty dollars.  I can't tell you how much I hate to spend money on cheap costumes!  Had I known then he wanted me to make him a cloak we would have found a different kind of shirt to work underneath.   Since I haven't read the book and didn't really have any indication of what a ranger was, we were kind of not jibing with our costume ideas until the very end.


The black pants were a pair of mine that I planned to give to Goodwill so I hemmed them a bit for him.  I tried to convince him to wear my boots to the dance but he only wanted them for the picture.  They were actually too small for him!  When did my boys get bigger feet than me?




When Spencer saw me making a hooded cape for Evan, he wanted one too but in black. Of course I made it but he wouldn't wear it to school or to the dance.  In typical Spencer fashion he decided at the last minute to have Dad do his face "old looking" and dress as a sort of wizard.  I was just thankful he used the cape or I might have killed him.




Spencer went to a friends' house to trick or treat so we just had these two little cuties to tote around - with a few of their friends and parents.  It was pretty miserable weather for Halloween.  All the kids were soaked when they came in.  I almost think snow would have been better.

So now we are almost done with the first week in November.  I can't believe the holidays are upon us.  Time to get organized and ready for festivities!

No comments: