Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Fashion show! Fashion show! Fashion show at lunch!

Hailey has been asking me for a while if we could get out my old prom dresses and look at them.  We had a stormy day last week that she figured was the perfect time to do it.
 
So we did and she was thrilled.  This green one was her favorite.  This one was actually not a prom dress but a bridesmaid dress from my cousin's wedding.  She loved the green lace.
 


Luckily the weather cleared up enough that we could step outside under cover of the garage for some nicely lit photos.  The background though...not so nice.   Then again, what girl doesn't want a blow up unicorn in the background while she is trying on "princess" gowns?





She is so funny.  While we were looking at the photos she was in awe of how beautiful her hair looked.  "Mom!  We didn't comb it or ANYTHING!  Look how beautiful it is!"




I should have kept the other side of the garage shut because once I opened it - the whole garage mess background came alive. 






We were laughing at how the dresses all had built in boning that made her look quite voluptuous. 











It was fun to look through the old dresses.  I can't believe I was ever that tiny.  She loved them all and told me so can't wait to wear them to her own dances.  Let's hope she keeps that mind set!

1 comment:

dr said...

Oh my goodness. I love this. What memories those dresses bring. I am sure Hailey had an absolute blast trying them on.