Thursday, October 17, 2013

Cozy and crafty

I ran outside dodging raindrops to empty the vacuum canister (Yay! I actually vacuumed the whole main floor) and was immediately hit by the cool air and the smell of someones fireplace.   It was like an instant transport to one of my happy places.  In that instant I was completely OK with the change of seasons and ready to embrace the fall with a gusto. 

Which is good, because there is nothing but drizzly rain and cool temperatures on the horizon for as far as the weatherman can see.  It has me ready to hunker down and get my craft on.  I have been working on the kids' Halloween costumes since Hailey has already had an occasion to wear hers and they all will don their festive attire for the Cub Scout Halloween bash tonight.  I didn't have to make anything from scratch.  Just some resizing and tweaking on Evan's costume and fashioning some brother jeans into skinnies for Miss Wee.  I think they are going to be awesome, but you are going to have to wait a few weeks for that reveal. 

I also got "pinspired" yesterday and decked out our front door.  I absolutely LOVE how it turned out.  Don't mind the front door that is in desperate need of a repaint.  Just gaze at the awesomeness that is my Halloween wreath.  The idea came from someone on Pinterest - I am not claiming it as my own.  As did the idea for the spiders.  Or SPEE-EYE-DOORS - as the kids like to say thanks to Megamind. 




So today I am planning to hunker down on the couch with some DVR'd programs to catch up on and work on Hailey's Christmas stocking.  It has only been four years or so that I have been working on it.  And maybe I will push the button for my own fire - unfortunately it won't smell as amazing as the real thing.

No comments: