Saturday, July 18, 2009

It is all about the accessories!

It is sometimes still so bizarre to me that I have a little girl.

Today while I was getting ready to go to a birthday party, Hailey walked into the room as I was putting on my earrings and bracelet. She furrowed her brow and asked me in a demanding yet disappointed voice "Where my pretties?"

So we went into her room to find her some pretties to wear. Boy did we ever! She wasn't really feelin' the "less is more" concept. She wanted to wear every necklace, bracelet, ring and earring that she owned.

She paraded around our house in all her "pretty" finest for a half and hour or so while I tried to get the boys presentable. Luckily she was so excited to go to the party, before we left I was able to convince her that she should only wear one necklace in case the others got lost. She thought that was a pretty good idea.



It is a good thing that Hailey didn't grow up in the eighties. I think the "Material Girl" herself would have been her idol. Who knows, the way things come back in style, by the time Hailey is in her teens the layered beads and rubber bracelets up the arm will probably be the rage once again. Since I think I still have some of my originals...I can only hope!

Photo note: I know it is not the greatest look, but I seriously LOVE the first photo in this post. I LOVE the tack sharpness of her eyes with the catchlights and I love how the image just fades ever so slighty from that point.

2 comments:

Lesley said...

It, too, like the first shot. Can't miss those catch lights! Love all the 'pretties' that she has on. That is so fun!

jensenbo said...

What a little cutie! I think, however, she's going to be a tomboy ---- so forget the pretties. :)