Thursday, December 4, 2008

O Christmas Tree

The day after Thanksgiving we went to pick out our Christmas tree. It was really cold and the kids were not loving being outside at the tree farm - especially Evan and Hailey. Spence seemed to have some sort of ulterior motive because he was sticking out the cold pretty well. He was resigned to the fact that he was Dad's helper.



I think maybe they thought the swords would help in the tree felling? Spence looks pretty intense about the whole thing. Evan just looks cold and annoyed.



While the tree was being drilled and bound, Spence came running back to the car with a huge smile on his face and his hands filled with lollipop sticks. Apparently, this is what he was waiting for. He remembered them from last year - he was the only one that remembered. They all looked so cute smooshed up in the backseat eating their lollys.





I laughed out loud when Spencer said, "Mom, I am in sucking heaven right now!"


Hailey got more on her coat than in her mouth I think!


All the cold and stickiness was worth it when my sweet little babies all worked together to decorate our beautiful Christmas tree!

For some reason, I just love this picture. I know it is totally grainy and the lighting is not great. I have been using a lot less flash lately. I am just not liking the artificial look that it gives the pictures. The only drawback is that in a house with no natural light, you lose a lot of the quality. There is another Olympus class coming up later this month, I think I will go ask them some questions and get some ideas for Santa Claus!

4 comments:

Lesley said...

I love that pic too, they are all working so deligently on the tree, standing on their stools or ladders. I think the color gives it a more realistic, vintage look. It makes me want to put up our tree, which I have been dreading, because I know that Ryan will be taking it down as soon as we get it up!

jules said...

What great pictures Jen. I wish we had a real tree, your tree looks huge! The kids looked like they were enjoying decorating it.

jensenbo said...

Good memory, Spence. Those lollys look pretty tasty. Love the pics of the kids at the tree farm -- and your tree is a beauty. I can't believe Hays is standing on that stool. Don't fall, Cutie!

dr said...

Can't wait to see that towering tree this weekend. When Mark saw the pics he said - Oh, I forgot about their amazingly tall tree...