Monday, October 5, 2020

Spirit Week/Homecoming 2020


 

Last week the kids celebrated spirit week leading up to the Homecoming football game.  It was a strange spirit week.  Since Evan only goes to school two days - he only had two themes.  Hailey had a theme everyday even though she is still virtual. 

Monday was pajama day for the middle school. 


The high school had decade day on Monday and Evan chose an '80s look.  I got to haul out my old jelly bracelets, Swatch watches and band buttons for him.  I love dress up days that I can do that. 


Tuesday was crazy hair and sock day for the middle school.  Hailey asked me to do her hair in something called "space buns".  She loved how it turned out and wore them all day - even to Evan's tennis match later that day. 

Wednesday was team day.  Dress up to show your favorite team.  I don't feel like we support many teams so MSU is always the go to in this case. 

Thursday was character day.  We were at a loss for this one.  Hailey totally surprised me by coming downstairs dressed as Santa.  It was so hilarious. 



Thursday for Evan and Friday for Hailey was Blue and White day or Sailor Pride Day.  



Hailey has discovered that she can now raid my closet for clothes.  The red pants she wore as Santa and the white pants she wore for Blue and White day were both mine.  Sigh.  My kids are old. 


 

The Sailors won their Homecoming Game but no one could really go and watch.  There was no parade.  There was no dance.  I understand the reasons why but continue to feel bad for the kids that are missing out on all these traditions. 

On a total sidenote - I am really trying to blog more and even back blog but I am having so much trouble with Blogger.  It loads my pictures in reverse order no matter how I name or number them.  I can't seem to move the pictures where I want them in the post.  Ugh.  So frustrating. 


No comments: