Monday, December 3, 2018

Singing in the season

This past weekend was one of my favorites of the whole year.  The  high school choir put on their annual Singing Christmas Tree.  This year was extra awesome because both of the boys are in choir and got to be in the tree. 

Before the show on Thursday night we had dinner downtown at Rad Dad's and were able to sit in the outside "igloos" that Hailey and I had been admiring from afar all week.  It was so fun.  I seriously could have sat there all night and ate yummy tacos. It kind of made our little town seem a bit big cityish. 




Then it was time for the big event.  Before Spencer started high school, I hadn't attended this concert since my senior year of high school.  It really is something incredible.


The first few photos following this were taken by the local news site.  You are not allowed to photograph during the show and I wouldn't be able to get these angles anyway so thank you to the local photographer who took these. 







Spencer was in a sextet before the actual "tree" singing.  They sang The 12 Days of Christmas the Straight No Chaser arrangement.  One of my favorite Christmas songs of all time and my first introduction to the group Straight No Chaser -  LOVE!


More awesome news site photos. 












Parents could take pictures after so these are now mine.  That is probably why the boys are actually looking at the camera.


Spencer's row was the last out of the tree.  This photo made me laugh because Evan in the foreground looks like he is cheering them on.  They may have just finished singing the theme from Spongebob Squarepants.  You can put the kids in the gorgeous tree but that can't make them fancy! Ha!




My tired camera flashed face boys in front of the tree.

On Saturday night the Muskegon Channel live streamed the concert so anyone that wanted could tune in.  It was also pretty cool to see it on TV but nothing beats actually being in the theatre and seeing it live.




This is always such a fun way to start off the holiday season.  I hope I have babies in this tree for years to come.

No comments: