Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Halloween 2016

How is today the middle of November?  It doesn't feel like it at all since it is almost sixty degrees outside.  I figure I better get a few Halloween pictures on here before it is time for turkey and things get into super crazy mode. 

Spencer dressed up this year as a DC comic book villain named Shade.  I had never heard of him and had to put Google to use for the rescue.  He looked a lot like the character.  The hat and hair just kept reminding me of Slash from Guns N' Roses. 


Evan wanted to dress up as a wizard, but not the moon and stars pointy hat kind of wizard.  When he found the costume he wanted it was a Gandalf from LOTR.  It was cheap enough on Amazon that I figured by the time I bought fabric, a pattern and what my time would be worth...I just clicked and it was on my doorstep in two days.


The costume came and was exactly what he wanted, but he didn't want to be Gandalf - he just wanted to be a generic type wizard.  He repurposed the staff from his Pharaoh costume and he was good to go.


I love this picture because I can just catch the faintest glimpse of my Baby Evers.


Hailey decided fairly early on that she wanted to be Super Girl.  When looking for costumes online they were all the super flimsy fabric ones and were still kind of pricey or the way to grown up looking for a little girl type of costumes.  I ended up ordering a royal blue shirt and a red skirt and cape from Amazon for way cheaper than any costume I saw.  I made the logo out of felt and sewed it on.  The skirt is even cute enough to wear for Christmas or Valentines Day.




She had an old pair of boots that were super scuffed up and headed for the trash can until an idea clicked in my head and they were repurposed with a can of red spray paint. Perfection!



I can't get enough of this Super Girl!

We came up with the brilliant idea to carve pumpkins outside this year.  It was a bit of a chilly day but not bad at all in the sunshine.



I LOVE the fact that my kids are old enough to do most of the carving on their own.  We can for the most part just sit back and watch the festivities!



Spencer imitating his pumpkin.


Evan with his well pumpkin.


Evan with his sick pumpkin.


Hailey and her two sided creation.




We kept up the annual tradition of making our ghosts in the graveyard cake.



It was a beautiful night for Trick or Treating.  Finally!  It seems like the last few years have been terrible nights to go out in.




It was a great Halloween!  The kids are already looking forward to next year!

No comments: