Tuesday, February 19, 2008

C-R-A-Z-Y weather!




Today was another snow day! I think it is the 4th or 5th this year - at this rate the kids will be in school through the end of June. I hope this is the last stretch of winter weather! It is seriously driving me CRAZY! Every day I seem to have a new ailment or stress about some other sign of impending doom. When my chest pain went away, I had neck pain - now that is gone and my nose started running. At least a cold won't kill me - unless it turns into the flu or something.


The boys went outside with Daddy to make a "bear cave". Spence wondered if they could make an igloo as well and pretend they were Moses. Moses? Maybe a lesser known Bible story that came after the parting of the Red Sea and the Ten Commandments? I think he meant Eskimos. Good thing he started going to Sunday school. They had a blast digging and sledding even if the temperature was a whopping 18 degrees not including the windchill or the sideways blowing snow. I decided to try out my other camera lens and was pretty pleased with the results. I love the blur in the pictures of Spence and Trent.












At least most snow days, Daddy is home to play with the kids. I know he is gone a lot with school stuff and during play season, but he makes up for it on weekends and on bonus days - like today. He is a great Dad and the kids can't get enough of playing with him. He always thinks of creative games and things to do and loves taking them on adventures to new places and to old favorites - such as the museum to see the Mammoth or the submarine. He helps out around the house as well. He loves to cook dinner and his picking up and cleaning skills make me look pretty bad. He is a great guy - not many men do as much as he does. We are lucky to have him in our lives.











No comments: